2000 Cherokee Sport Limited slip

Does anyone make a limited slip unit that installs in the stock diff.case? I was unable to locate anything in a search. The jeep is for street use so I would not want to use a powertrax unit. Thanks

Reply to
DANFXR

Tractech has the Detroit tru-trac. It's a geared limited slip (no clutches and no friction modifier additive required) and replaces the gear carriers inside your existing differential housings. It works great. If you have a d35 in the rear, I believe they will recommend you limit your tire size to

32".

TJim

If you are asking if there is such a thing as a "drop-in" limited slip, that replaces the side gears like a Powertrax locker, I don't think there is...most all of them will replace the diff carrier.

As one poster suggested, the Detroit Tru Trac is a great unit, doesn't use clutches that will wear away, it uses helical gears instead.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

...so that's it, huh. As long as I've been around, I'm reduced to be "one poster"... *sigh* ...that's the thanks I get... ;-) The Tru-Trac is a great unit. Almost undetectable on the road. Outstanding traction off road, especially if you run mud, loose dirt, sand, etc. Lockers may be better on rocks, but the Tru-Trac is an outstanding all purpose unit. I have them front and rear on my TJ and I hope to get them installed on my SJ, too.

Reply to
TJim

Sorry Jim, no offense. You are the best "one poster" around...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo