2000 Grand Cheorkee any good?

I test drove a used one with 50,000 miles. I liked it alot,. Are these good vehicles? I had someone tell me to get the 6 cylinder model that the engine was better as well as the mileage. Is this true?

What tyoe of mileage can I expect? I have an 89 f-150 now and the mileage is terible.

Reply to
stryped

In additoin to my Wrangler, my wife and I owned a '99 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7L V8 and then because we liked that one so well, we traded that in for a new 2002 Grand Cherokee with the same 4.7L V8. My Wrangler has the 4.0l six cylinder engine. Both engines are superb, the

4.0L engine has a reputation for being nearly bulletproof. But if it were me and I was buying another Grand Cherokee, I'd sure go for the 4.7L V8, what a great engine. It is uber-reliable and in both engines where we've put on over 250K miles, never a hiccup. Plus its spark plugs are incredibly easy to change, they're literally on top of the engine where they have nothing in the way of getting to them. Lots of torque, decent gas mileage. I really like the 4.0L engine in my Wrangler but I love my 4.7L V8 in my Grand Cherokee.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford