2002TJ Cruise Factory Cruise Install

Greetings all. I bought a factory cruise kit from Jeeps Are Us. This is a great deal and my local Jeep dealer was perfectly happy to treat this as factory and do an install. I am quite capable but at the time it was -22Cup here in the geat white north, so figured I'd check the options. The dealer claimed 2.5 to 3.0 hrs to do the entire job, which instinct tells me is outrageous so we settled on 1hr to do the airbag and buttons work. This took

2 visits because the guy forgot to connect the buttons the first time. Temps are much warmer so I went out to finish the job yesterday to discover that the same mechanic very kindly forgot to put the instructions for the harness and servo etc back into the box. Naturally the instructions are permanently lost.

Does anyone have a copy of the original install instructions that they can scan and email please. I did download a copy of a document called TJ Speed Control and the pages are numbered BP-1 thru BP-7. Maybe this is all I need.

Thanks. RickB

Reply to
RickB

Hi again. Well.... I'm gonna answer my own question. Putting in the cruise on this 2002 TJ was the easiest of the 20 or so installations that I've done in my life. The bracket was there, the harness connector in the engine compartment was already there, and the vacuum connector was also already there and in the right spot. All I did was play with the servo assembly until I got the control cable routed neatly. Then I pushed it through the provided square cutout (nearest the accelerator cable) and locked it in. Then I snapped the end connector of the servo cable over the existing mating connector on the throttle bodylever or whatever its called, and snapped the servo cable into the provided slot under the air feed piping.Then I connected the 4 lead harness connector, and pulled off the vacuum plug near the manifold connector and slipped the provided vacuum line on. Finally, I used 2 self-threading auto bolts of the correct size to hold the servo to the bracket. The bolts go on from the valve cover side of the bracket. I used a small ratchet of a convenient length and snugged up the servo. I took the car for a test drive and the cruise works perfectly. It allows me to engage it at

60kph, and kicks out with the brake or clutch or the on/off switch. The CRUISE light also works fine. Total time (after steering wheel end is done) is about 30 minutes if you are as careful and pokey as I am.

Your mileage may vary and there is no say>Greetings all. I bought a factory cruise kit from Jeeps Are Us. This is a

Reply to
RickB

Reply to
philthy