2004 Jeep Liberty Question

Good day from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

My wife and I are new to Jeep`s and this news group! As I don't have a service manual for this vehicle yet, I would like to post a question if I may?

We recently were given a 2004 Liberty and are happy with it. My question is this... The light bulb that illuminates the automatic shift gate is burnt out (or is there a fuse for it?) and am wondering how I go about changing it out for a new one? (If it is burnt out) Does the center console snap into or onto something on the drive train tunnel or is it screwed down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan

Reply to
The Heibloems

Hi Ryan, Welcome to the wonderful, obsessive world of Jeeps. You may find that - as the owner of a liberty - you may get some - what would be the word - CRAP from some people in this particular group. There are some Liberty specific forums online that may be more knowledgable about your specific rig.

Don't let the $%#@ disturbers get to you, there are a few "Libby" drivers in here and they are pretty good about helping any time they can. Your rig is also referred to as a KJ. They are a fun vehicle and it's great to hear that you are enjoying it! I had an 05 for about 6 months.

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon
Reply to
Kate

It wasn't very beautiful last night, weatherwise !! :-))

BMC

Reply to
Brian Colwell

Another question... Has anyone fitted a set of factory fog lamps in the openings in the lower portion of the bumper? Actually, I am more interested in knowing if the said kit comes with the bulb fixture (idiot light) that fits in the factory dash board indicating that they are illuminated? Does one need spaghetti arms and fingers to in behind the dash? I am very mechanically inclined as I own a 1976 and 1979 Austin/British Motor Cars Mini`s which I restored / modified into ralley / race cars...But I am now a retired Mini parts Manager who has become disabled and wonder how much contortionism I would need to into to get in behind the dash!

Thanks again Ry

Reply to
The Heibloems

When I bought my Libby, it was a new 05 Limited. I decided to add everything I could get my hands on for it, a full set of factory skid plates, a factory light bar, factory cargo rack, tow hitch, tinted the front windows to match the back and other stuff I have forgotten.

Because I bought OEM the 'kits' were all inclusive. On the light bar it even came with the little LED light for inside the dash to tell you it was on. I imagine that if you buy a kit, it will likely be included. Ask your MOPAR parts guy, he can give you the rundown.

As far as getting into these things, the tech (yep I even paid to have it installed this time) took about three hours to do the job. He had to drill a hole in the firewall and holes in the roof. There was a lot of the interior that had to be disassembled for routing the wiring. Keeping in mind that yours is a more straight forward project I'm guessing that it will still require a contortionist after what I saw on that project.

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon
Reply to
Kate