'81 Jeep CJ-7 6 cyl 4.2L 258CID losing power in second

It starts to lose power at about 25 mph in second. If I floor the gas it will slowly start to accelerate. After the engine reaches a certain temperature, I have no further problems.

I have done the following to try and correct this problem -

Replaced the connector on the choke wire. Can I also check the power level with an OHM meter? What should it read?

Replaced the fuel filter. The old one was fine. No blockage.

Checked the PVC valve. Its fine. Its not stuck.

Is there a list of things I should check, from most likely to least?

Thanks!

Reply to
psaito