89' Cherokee Laredo throttle

I have been experiencing an odd problem at complete random time right after start up. As soon as the engines lights up the rpms hit about 2500 to 3000 while still in park with my foot off the gas. I have heard that the throttle body may be gunked up. Can anyone possibly agree with this, and would it be difficult at all to pull it out and clean it up?

Reply to
rancidicmalk

The throttle position sensor in the 4.0L is subject to a recall:

Good place to start if yours hasn't been replaced yet.

Steve

rancidicmalk wrote:

Reply to
Steve