Blowing 30 AMP fuse ---- but only on acceleration. 1999 Sebring hardtop

I am consistently blowing the 30 AMP (IGN SW/ MOTEUR) fuse in my Sebring.

The odd thing though is that it only occurs as I am driving off, never at idle and never at startup. I can even rev the car up to high RPMS in park and it will not blow. If I put it in gear though and try to get going, I can maybe travel 30 feet before it blows.

A 40 AMP got me home but I suspect something is wrong and needs to be repaired.

Any thoughts on what may cause this issue?

Reply to
Chuck Anderson

That fuse controls ASD output. fuel pump, control module and distributor, If i was to take a guess I would suspect the fuel pump is causing this problem

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

did you find the problem? My 97 Sebring will blow right at 3100 rpm.

Reply to
rob_robinson87