91yj high mount stop light bracket

Folks;

Getting real tired of the tailgaters. Hot wired my back up lights to a switch to get them to back off, and they just laugh. Bought a real back up light at Advance. Thinking of mounting it to a high mount bracket above the spare tire. Any thoughts on where to run the wiring? Or any better ideas. thanks

91yj
Reply to
DWDRUM

A couple of KC Daylighters pointing the wrong way might get people off your bumper. Or it might get you shot at, depending on where you live.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Pull over and let them pass - better to have a$$holes in front than behind. OTOH, if they have a little car, then be mind that small brown dog which has just run in front of you...

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:

Yep. Much better than doing something that might enrage the other driver. Some people out there simply aren't sane. Who knows, the idiot might have a gun or decide to run you off the road.

What works for me is keeping a towball in the hitch. Tailgaters don't care much for steel things sticking out the back. So when someone is tailgating me I just let off the gas and slow down, and if there happens to be a bit of gravel off on the shoulder, well, so be it. :)

One time I did have a tailgater riding right up my ass. This idiot was so close I couldn't even see the windshield anymore, just the top of his car out my rear glass. Must have been a foot off the bumper. However close it was it was so close he didn't see the scattered construction debris I had to straddle. Some truck had lost a few bricks off the back and I nearly hit them because I was paying too much attention to the asshole on my bumper. Must have done some damage, didn't see him come up behind again.

The other sure way to elimiate tailgaters is to get on the highway after going mudding. They pull right up behind you then notice all the flying mud coming off the vehicle. :)

Reply to
DougW