trac-loc differential

I am going to buy a wrangler X model and was wondering if you need the trac-loc differential. It will mainly be used as a street vehicle. I noticed that it is an option.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rick Dowling

L.W.(ßill)

Hi Rick:

The Trac-Loc differential is a limited slip differential that will give you more traction in slippery situations, like ice, snow, rain, mud, etc. Compared to a open (standard) differential which supplies all the power to the wheel with the LEAST traction, a limited slip will supply some, but not all of the power to the wheel with the MOST traction.

In situations where one rear wheel is on ice, and the other on dry pavement, an open diff will apply ALL the power to the wheel on ice. A limited slip (Trac-Loc), through a system of clutches will supply some of the power to the wheel on dry pavement giving you more traction where it's needed.

Yes, it's a worthwhile option.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I have it. It's well worth the money you'll pay for it.

Reply to
Matt