93 Grand a/c problem

It must be the evaporator - I've leak tested many many times and no green dye could be found. How do you get at the evaporator? I have taken the dash apart some and left with the black sub carriage that looks like it does not remove...

HELP

Thanks Lou

Reply to
Lynda

The Evaporator on '93 Grand Cherokee's was a known problem and carried it's own extended warranty. Probably out by now as it's 10 years old but you never know. It's a common problem and a TSB. My '93 ZJ had to have it replaced twice, the first with the original replacement, the second with the updated after the original failed yet again. The third A/C system replacement (entire system) was unrelated but was just general Chrysler build quality.. (coughing on quality there).. Of course, I am nuts and bought another Jeep (Wrangler) which already has

7 primary problems but we won't go into that...
Reply to
DragonRider