'94 Wrangler - rust spot underneath windshield

I have a rust spot (paint is bubbled) about the size of a quarter just underneath the windshield, near the edge of the frame where the glass / gasket are, right smack in the center. There's probably some way that moisture is collecting in there and not vacating.

On one hand, it seems like a small enough rust spot that maybe I could fix it myself. But because I'd probably have to remove / replace the windshield and be able to spray paint it myself, I may just have to suck it up and pay to get it done. I've never done body work involving Bondo, and am not sure I want to invest the time to learn how.

2 questions:

I got Permaplate when I bought the car, so am wondering if I could try to make a claim on that?

I'm not going to be able to pay to fix this for about a year (mostly because of an unrelated dented hood (flew open at 70 mph, doh) that also needs fixing. Any thoughts on whether cost to fix is going to be much more in a year's time?

Reply to
Tripp Knightly

Cost fro nearly anything will be higher in ayears time. CYour best buddy on this ought to be the local junk yard, get a freah hood & new winshield frame, have the mainted to match & bolt them on. Not worth trying to fix any of this.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Don't waste your time repairing this yourself unless you intend to do it right... sandblasting. You can sand or grind all you want but unless you blast it or remove the infected metal completely that bubble will come back inside of a year. If you get your hood and w/shield done at the same time it will be a lot cheaper than doing one then the other.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD