96 Jeep kills if I don't keep foot on gas pedal after a cold start

I have a 96 Jeep Grd Cherokee Laredo, 4.0 6, recently when I go to start it inthe mornings on my to work, it won't start, or maitain an idle unless I keep my foot on the gas. I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal, and brake at the same time to put it in gear, or else it shuts off. Ther is no Ck Eng. light on. I have chgd the distributor, I keep gas treatment, and use fuel injection cleaners regularly. I don't want to spend an arm and leg on repairs that don't fix the specific poblem. Can anyone help??

Reply to
dwhian via CarKB.com

On the XJ 4.0L there is a idle motor and that along with the throttle body might need cleaned.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Jo Bo did pass the time by typing:

DougW

Another set of pix before and after cleaning the Throttle Body.

I neglected to take any pix during the cleaning.. GumOut Jet Spray and an old toothbrush cleaned it right up.

Reply to
billy ray