97 Cherokee Distributor

There is a weird squealing coming from the distributor area of my 97 Cherokee 4.0. To give you an idea of what it sounds like, I thought it was a belt. It's been going on for a little while (couple of days) while my wife's been driving and just came to my attention today. After it ran for about five minutes the noise went away. I didn't mess with it any more and am putting it up in the garage until I get back from a work trip. Appreciate it if anyone can give me some insight on what I need to fix. Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

Rob did pass the time by typing:

Look inside.. check for oil in the bottom.. If you have some it's time to replace the bushing (if that's possible for your distributor) or replace the distributor.

Reply to
DougW