97 TJ Wrangler running hot

It is at or close to 100 degrees here in the Dallas area now. Yesterday I drove about 250 miles round trip on the highway in the afternoon and the temp gauge was about half way between 210 and 260. The jeep normally runs at 210.

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Check your thermal fan clutch. If there's lots of oil on it, the clutch may be shot. Clean the grime off the fan blades while you have it out. The dirt at the ends of the fan will make it wobble and wear out the water pump bearings.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
Tom P

Maybe I need to flush the radiator. I think it has been 2 years. Anyone out there use that purple ice stuff? I've heard from some folks that it really works to keep temps down in the normal range.

Reply to
Dennis Cox

I have heard the same the next service on the Rubi. will have it. I run Royal Purple in all area's that require lube.

Reply to
extremetj