YJ Braking system upgrades?

For the most part I'm a lurker on the newsgroup, but finally I have a good question. First the lead up story. I got my 92 YJ a couple of years ago and did all the normal stuff to it: SOA, Ford 8.8 rear (disc), upgraded motor/tranny/TC. And finally the question, how to upgrade the braking system? With 33" tires the brakes seem to be somewhat lacking. On some advice I read a while ago, I replaced the master cylinder with one from a mid 80s Ford van and was once again unimpressed with the stopping. It still slows down quickly, but I do not have the braking power to lock up the tires, which is my final goal. All advice is appreciated. Humorous advice appreciated in a different way, like those people who tell me to look for a small import to run over when I need to stop. Thanks, Troy

Reply to
Jeep Guy

i'd say definitely go with the small-import-stop-block. it's way cheaper than actually doing anything, and the worst you'll suffer is a scratched diff cover.

Reply to
MudPuppy

In JP magazine, there is an ad for a hydraulic power booster kit, supposed to double your available line pressure. listed price is $599.00, complete Don't see a website listed, phone number is

1-800-256-6295

Tookie

Reply to
Tookie