98 jeep wrangler bleed clutch?

just put new clutch fluid line on do i need to bleed clutch? if so how?

Reply to
jackman600

There should be a bleeder valve on the external slave cylinder. It's located under the vehicle on the bellhousing. I think it's on the passenger side. If there isn't a bleeder, then it should self-bleed with a lot of clutch pumps.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

There could be air in there. The bleeder is on the passenger side. You can do it by your self . Take the shift cover off and you can get it from the top. I think you need a 9/16 and a 5/16 . Not 100% sure on size.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

I rhink they are self bleeding

Reply to
Jeeper

I looked in both the 97 and 98 SM and there did not appear to be any bleed ports. If you just replaced the fluid in the reservoir no biggy if the whole system was drained then pumping the clutch should get the air out as previously said. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty