98 TJ Serpentine Belt Adjustment Bolt

Hello..

I'm looking for any information anyone can give on where to obtain the LONG bolt used for loosening or tightening the serpentine belt (is the dealer the only option besides a junkyard?) .. Not the bolt on the pulley itself, but the long adjustment bolt. I inadvertently broke mine.. and have been unable to find a replacement at the local parts store, or hardware stores. I imagine that I don't need a bolt nearly as long as the one that the jeep comes with, but if possible, I'd like to replace it with the correct part.

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

There are several nut and bolt stores around. I got all stainless replacement bolts when I went 'glass. Those places can match almost anything.

Here is the one I used because they have a local outlet:

Mike

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

lol.

=2E . . I had my exhaust manifold off about 6 months ago, and had no problem mastering the art of the idler bolt then, but over the weekend, I finally fixed my temp. cable snag, and realized that my A/C makes the engine squeal when on full blast, so I decided to quickly pop to hood and tighten the belt (just like I did before). . . Impatience causes so many problems! I completely forgot to loosen the idler bolt. I realized it immediately after I broke the adjustment bolt.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out!!

-Dave

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:

nearly as

Reply to