A/C Problem on Cherokee

I have a 93 Cherokee 4.0, when I move the selector to the AC setting the Auxillary fan comes on and the compressor comes on, the air coming out is hot, when I try to recharge it, it will not take any freon, this system has been retrofitted. What else could be wrong

Reply to
abomb69

Not to insult, but are you sure the compressor is coming on? Does it cycle on and off? Can you visually see it turn once the clutch has locked it in?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

wrong port? Bad valve in the port or missing fitting in the charging can. Not bypassing the low pressure cutoff to keep the compressor running. Or too much gas which will also produce warm air.

Reply to
DougW

Not sure how the Cherokee is set up (I have '93 ZJ), but I would make sure the blend door is moving to the cooling side. Otherwise you only get heat from the heater. If you could get your hands on an original Jeep service manual, they are extremely detailed in the diagnosis of HVAC systems. Maybe the library?

Dick

Reply to
Dick

$30, why guess at a problem...

Reply to
Jon

What pressures do you see from the manifold gauges?

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light