Acceleration Problems

I have a '96 GC w/155k on it. The problem is when you first start the engine and try to drive off. It has a slight hesitation to it and then it get's up and goes or if you let it sit there it feels like it wants to stall. Any suggestions as to were to start to look?

Reply to
Ed Wojciechowski

I'd guess it's a fuel delivery problem first, ignition would be my next guess. Fuel filter need replacing, dirty injectors, old plugs, bad distributor rotor/cap...is your check engine light on?

Would also help to know which engine.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, where on that page does it say change the plugs at 15k? And how does an 02 TJ maintenance manual have anything to do with a '96 GC, which, if it even has the I-6, would have a mechanical distributor, and not the 3-channel coil-on-plug ignition?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

You still haven't answered my question, just again spouted irrelevent drivel on things you know nothing about.

Again I ask, where on your pdf does it say to change the plugs at 15,000 miles? Hint: Try reading it.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

BTW the V10 is pulling nicely. Changed the fuel filter two months ago, plugs aren't required until 100K, according to maintenance schedule. Will probably change them at 60K, though. Plugs on TJ will be changed this weekend, just waiting to find time..plugs have been on my bench for a week. TJ's at 37K, no misfires, can you can hear them from 2,500 miles away?

Wanna answer my questions now? Or are you going to just post more blithering irrelevancy, as you have in about half the threads from the past two weeks?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Like tops. Answer my question please.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No, you answer with irrelevancies, when you are mistaken in your facts. But to humor you, I will respond to your irrelevancies: I really couldn't care less about your drag racing. If I had a viper, of course I would follow the recommended maintenance intervals, but I don't, so your statement is of no consequence.

Here, since you are incapable of answering, I will answer for you...your PDF does not say anything about replacing plugs every 15,000 miles, as you implied in your non-helpful response to the OP. Surely you have a link to the maintenance schedule of a '96 Grand Cherokee? No? Until you do, anything you say in that regard is meaningless, no matter how many times you point to an '02 TJ manual or tell us how often a Viper's plugs have to be changed.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I say that chances are that it is a Mass Air Flow Sensor problem---tr

cleaning it--if that doesnt work you might have to replace it. It coul also be your TPS--but i highly doubt it--wouldnt cause the almost stal problem you are describing

-- MaV547

  • - * - T h e F o r u m M a s t e r - * -

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MaV5478's Profile:

this thread:

MaV5478

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Backtracking I see.

At best, the statement is irrelevant, but you also posted a link to a 2002 TJ maintenance schedule, which taken in concert with your statement, seems to indicate that you were implying that anything over 15,000 miles on sparkplugs would cause his condition...in spite of the fact that your statement doesn't agree with your PDF, since it calls for a 30,000 mile spark plug interval, which may or may not appy to his vehicle, since it is not a 2002 TJ.

Personal attacks? No, I think not, just trying to get you to clarify yourself, which you did not do, you simply went off on further tangents.

OK, I can see where "you are incapable of answering" might be construed as a personal attack. I apologize for that statemen., I should have said "you seem to be incapable of answering." Please prove me wrong and answer my original question to you.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

More irrelevencies. My being to Mexico (once in Cozumel on a cruise stop, and later in Cabo san Lucas, at that time driving a locally rented TJ for a day) or submerged a car in water (not really) has NOTHING to do with what you posted. If you really thought this was the case for the OP, why did you not simply ask?

Because you are now grasping at straws, coming up with fantastic, fictional scenarios to throw a smokescreen over the fact that you implied 15,000 mile spark plugs are the cause of his problem, and you are most likely incorrect.

150,000, probably. But not 15,000 as you posted. In my experience you have almost never admitted when you are wrong on this forum; your refusing to answer my questions posted to you confirms this.

You still haven't answered my question, and most likely never will. I'm finished with this thread. I hope we helped the OP.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III