anybody built theier own CJ frame?

Bill, If the SMOG wackos give the junkman a thousand bucks to recycle a V8, I'll bet the owner doesn't get much of it. I heard that a lot of the recycled vehicles are sold to Mexico too, where they aren't so picky about what they drive. It used to be about transportation. Now I don't know what it is about. After paying thirty bucks for half a tank today, I don't much fancy a V8, but I figure if others want to drive them that is OK by me. Still have the Suburban though. Got to have something that will keep a stack of drywall out of the rain.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I don't know, he has no phone and lives off the highway. I can go by and check if you are interested, Did you leave him a message and not get a reply?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Heh, the dealer gets $1,000 from Arnie, pays the seller $600 and pockets the difference as a "processing fee".

Earle

Earle Horton

What BMW engine did it use?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

What BMW engine did it use?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

If he has a picture of him hauling 40 tons with his Jeep, now that would be apples to apples.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It was a 2 cyl opposed air-cooled from a 1960 model 700 with twin carbs and a transaxle. Verly Light and fairly sporty. The frame was built from rectangular steel tubing.

Reply to
Stupendous Man