Better radiator

I need a replacement for a '97 TJ SE. Are there better then Pepboys or Advance Auto?

TIA

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

A buddy of mine swears by this place. New all metal heavy duty 3 core. One of these days I will replace my plastic one too!

ULB

That gets a second from me. Although NAPA (higher end part) is also fairly good, I prefer the all aluminum threecore that radiatorbarn has.

Reply to
DougW

and a third.

threecore that radiatorbarn has.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

This is where I got mine, no porblems since.

A buddy of mine swears by this place. New all metal heavy duty 3 core. One of these days I will replace my plastic one too!

Matthew Macchiarolo

Radiator Replacement Report:

Ordered the midgrade unit online. Missed the place to put shipping address and didn't want it sent home. Emailed customer support and gave them the right ship to addy. It came quickly but I had to wait until the weekend for installation. Weekend came and it was installed...

It was nice of them to include brass nipples for the transmission cooler. They'll sit in the junk box. It would be better if they would supply the six speed clips that hold the radiator in place as 4 of 6 broke. This precluded a trip to two auto parts stores in search of these clips. Found 2 at one store that were the right size and 4 at another store that are metric and useless. Nuts and bolts were found and the unit was installed. Another bork on their part is that the holes for the shroud were not tapped the same as the original holes so I had to find more screws and nuts to install the shroud. How can a simple install can become complicated and take over 4 hours? Anyway, it's in.

Testing to continue. It was a miserable rainy day here, so I didn't do any extra driving after that.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore