Beware of Joe Capraro!

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

If Al is smart, he has copies of the original post advertising the header in this newsgroup, all the emails he sent to or received from Capraro, and the cancelled check. That should be enough to get law enforcement interested. Maybe not. Maybe they're like the Denver police and spend all their time beating up or shooting civilians, so there's no time to investigate a small theft like this. Maybe they're too busy with homeland security.

A civil action is possible too, but that would almost certainly burn up more money and time than it is worth. Still, if you got a judgement you could send a Falmouth collection agency after him...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

All great "observations"!!!

I might add that the 'letters from Jeepers' should NOT be threaten>>Maybe our

Reply to
Thomas Waldron

Hey, the Denver police aren't so hot. The local San Jose police also shoot civilians...even in their own home, when the civilian is armed with what anyone with a clue would recognize as an asian style vegetable peeler. The cop claimed it was a cleaver.

Earle Hort> If Al is smart, he has copies of the original post advertising the header in

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Take out a full page add in his local newspaper. Either that ot get some of your Jeep friends to picket his resturaunt. long enough to casue hime to loose more money than you did. Scott '00 TJ

Reply to
SCCAFIRE

Thanks for all the responses. I do have the original post, all the emails that went back and forth and the cancelled check. I will contact my local post office to see what they say and will consider other suggested action.

In case any of you care to write him asking his side of the story his address at work is:

Joe Capraro Mom's Apple Pie

281 Main Falmouth, MA 02540

Phone # 508-540-8572

Thanks again, Al Green Ridgecrest, CA 93555

__ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I've been ripped off too. My first of MANY calls already went out to him.

Reply to
kid4lyf

If you've been ripped off by the same guy, and you and Al both send complaint letters to the same law enforcement office, that is a lot more likely to get someone's attention than if just one of you did it...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I remember this guy.

He had a bunch of electrical problems with his engine swap - swapped a 92

4.0L into his 88YJ. I helped him out over the course of several days emailing and faxing him schematics and wiring diagrams from my 92 factory service manual. Seemed like a nice guy. He said he'd let me know how it went, but I never heard squat back from him. If he stiffed you, I hope he never got the damn thing working.

There was also one small thing that he said he would do (but never did) at the time when I was helping him that sent up a red flag in my mind -- he asked for my address because he said he wanted to send something "as a token of his appreciation" for my help. Maybe he meant a thank-you card or something. Not that I wanted or expected anything from him except knowing that he got his Jeep working, but he never sent anything. I was taught that if you tell a man you're going to do something, then DO it! Certainly a reflection of one's character.

Good luck to you Al. Getting ripped off stinks. Never let your guard down when dealing with anybody these days.

Terry.

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

__ Arold "Al" Green