Rear end sound in 99 TJ?

Ive begun to notice a noise coming from the rear end on my 99 wrangler. It only occurs from a stop to about ten miles per hour, and doenst happen all the time. It seems to be coming from the rear axle area. It almost sounds like the parking brake is dragging. I have the trac-lock limited slip from the factory. I just made a service appt and the dealer, and he stated that I should have changed all the fluids at 30 thousand miles. If it was just the bearings, it shouldnt be so bad, but if I needed a new ring and pinion I would be in trouble. Anyone have any insight? thanks .

Reply to
Waveblast9

How many miles does it have?

- Kevin in Iowa, v2.0

Reply to
Blah

Reply to
RichH

around 69000 miles

Reply to
Waveblast9

mine has had this since about 54000. coesnt seem to hurt anything . I changer to synthetic rear end fluid and this made it better.

Reply to
Kevin