Body & Suspension Lifts

Just wondering the thoughts out there regarding the combination of a suspension and body lift. I would be interested if anyone has done this. I thinking of going with a 2.5 suspension and 1" body lift. Pros and Cons would be appreciated.

Thanks Dennis

Reply to
Lovs2fly

Body lifts should be avoided if possible. If necessary, a 1" body lift goes fairly easily except for getting the bolts out without snapping them. A 2" lift usually has some issues getting the radiator and shift levers to work right. A 3" body lift is a big NO, nothing fits right plus you will stress the body mounts, usually results in the body developing a lean. Double that if you have an accident and hit something.

Specif> Just wondering the thoughts out there regarding the combination of a

Reply to
RoyJ

Body lift = Shame lift. If you can't clear your tires with a 2.5" spring lift, get a 1" shackle lift.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I think it would make a Dodge Neon look silly and handle poorly.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

i would suggest a SoA if you can find a shop to do it right. decent hightway travel and great axle travel, but its around 5-6 inches of lift

Reply to
Jon

Stupendous Man proclaimed:

That is called the Nitro

Reply to
Lon

Not if you bolted the Neon uni-body onto one of those recycled Cherokee frames of yours. I have seen this done with Camaros, Mustangs, and even an old Lloyd, used for plowing snow at a Northhampton, MA service station.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton