Carb install and tuning?!?

Has anyone installed a carb on their 258 and successfully tuned it correctly? If so care to share how difficult it was and any problems you've run into? Thanks!

Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

Well if its the stock carb its pretty easy! With the mixture screws all the way in (easy starting point) turn them to the left about 2 turns....this will allow the engine to start and run just fine. From then on its just kinda feel. I like to run mine rich durning the winters for easy starts so I'll crank it out 3 or

4 turns...if theres a big difference in gas mileage just lean it out a little (Right).

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

Oh yeah,! Depends on what ya got? We need info?

Reply to
Paul Brogren

What flavor of Jeep and carb?

If you have the computer controlled carb and ignition, it needs the computer modified first to run right with a non stock carb.

I have done a bunch of stock and modified stock carb kits over the last few years and if you know how to do a basic mixture setup, they are easy.

On the electronic controlled carbs, if no one has chopped them up to mess with the mix screws to try and compensate for a dirty carb, they are easy too, you just have to set the mix screws 'exactly' the same as they were before the blocking plugs got cut out or better, just leave them blocked and use chemicals to clean the passages. There are directions available for resetting the mix on the electronic carb back to stock, if someone has already butchered it.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain