Anyone put a racing seat in their YJ?

My drivers seat is coming apart at the seams (literally). I bought some besttop seat covers, but I'm not satisfied with how they fit. I can get a Racing Seat and Black padded cover from Summit for $61.00 I was just curious as to how hard it was to make a racing seat fit. Thanks.

Reply to
D McMorris

If you're running the fiberglass seats, I think you might regret then for comfort reasons. Even with the padded cover they are hard of the ole' backside, even in a car. They are a bit more pricey, but Corbeau has some nice seat for less money than most other brands. Their website is

Especially look at the Baja series. I havethem and they are quite comfortable, as well as functional. Chris

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill.

I guess that's why you can buy an adapter bracket for a YJ from 87-90 but not 91-95. Must be something different about the seats or the mounts. I'm not sure if they are the ones in VW's but here is a link.....

only difference is that Summit Racing has the complete set (cover andseat) for $61.

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

The only difference is that Summit Racing has the complete set (cover and> seat) for $61.

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill,

Looks like that's exactly the same seat. Here is summit's link. Click on the "kit" and it shows the details, but no dimensions. But it looks identical.