CB in Jeep Wrangler

Should I be using a ground plane or non ground plane antenna?? FYI, I have the dual tops.

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
me

L.W.(ßill)

You need to change your nic or ask Jessica Simpson, Hillery Duff, Beyonce or Briteny Spears.

Reply to
JimG

Hey Bill. I've read over that site. What I am a little confused about is does the fiberglass top, or lack thereof, on a Jeep qualify it for a non ground plane antenna? Or do the chassis and body make up for the lack of the metal top?

Thanks again.

Jay

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
JVC

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Jay, a non-groundplane antenna should be absolutely be used with NOTHING else will work. While it would be the right antenna if you wanted to mount your antenna on top of the fiberglass roof, I still strongly recommend against a non-groundplane antenna.

Buy a conventional groundplane antenna and find a suitable steel mounting place on your Jeep, tub, spare tire mount, or bumper and mount it there. A groundplane will dramatically outperform a non-groundplane antenna. A Firestik FS2, FS3, or FS4 antenna is great, so is a Wilson brand. Avoid non-groundplane antennas unless you're mounting it on a fiberglass boat or similar.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
FrankW

I went with a mirror mount antenna that doesn't need a ground plane and have a good coverage.

I also have seen the cheap radio shack windshield mount ones work very well to my surprise.

Mike

me wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain