Cherokee Country sway bar problem

Trip to the dealer for the 19 dollar oil change, of course a list of many other items , Brakes front- 219.00- just done today NAPA parts 19.74. Head gasket leaking oil $459.00- mmmmm oil from head gasket? don't think so. Leaking shock 2 front $126.00- No leaks that I found, might have mistaken some oil from engine. Oil filter adapter 'O' rings $78.00- not leaking that bad, let it go for now. Replace sway bar linkage and frame bushings$300.00- Yup bad-OK spray the hell out of bolts with liquid wrench, left side sway link loose (cool), try the right side bolt (frame mount bushing) snapped bolt off with hardly any effort. OK it looks like this is one that the nut is welded to frame and access to this is a small hole which I can only fit the liquid wrench in. Should I just take it to another shop and hope they do it all for about $200.00 2nd quote (assuming they dont charge for the bolt) or try to get bolt out. I have no clue how I am going to get bolt out but am open for anyone's suggestion to move forward.

130,000 miles and running well.

Thanks for your time Tom

Reply to
flannery

Hey Tom, Many of us have removed the rear sway bar for off roading. No appreciable difference in handling. Many Cherokees came from factory with the rear sway bar. If it were up to me, I would just leave it or cut it out entirely.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Thanks Brian, Sorry to say it is the front sway bar...

Reply to
flannery

Ooops, sorry. For some reason I thought I read rear... you definitely need the front for everyday driving!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD