Winch solenoids

I need to get 3 solenoids for an old Desert Dynamics, a Ramsey worm-drive clone. Has anyone had good results with cheap ford-type starter solenoids? I have found some continuous duty 200A units, but they are expensive.

Reply to
Paul Calman

You hit on the operative word, continuous....

I think if you used a cheap one for spooling out you might be ok because most outs are free wheeling but if you ever have to winch yourself down something you would be in trouble. Well you could always flip to the other heavy solenoid for a power out winch job either by wrench or with a blade switch.

Mike

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain