Cherokee shocks

I'm changing my rear shocks on my 96 Cherokee. The prices range from $20-$100+ per shock.

I'm looking for decent ones. I don't do off road, so I'd rather have a smoother ride.

Any suggestions?

tia

Mel

Reply to
Mel P.

I've been happy with the Edelbrock IAS shocks.

Reply to
DougW

Any local place sell the Edelbrock IAS? Typically about 60 usd per shock, often on sale for 25% off.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I'll second the Edel IAS. Best price I found was US$69 a piece.

Joe, 90XJ

Reply to
Joe M

No Cherokee here, but I'll third (or fourth) the IAS.

I got a pair for the front on clearance from Summit (the older twin tube style), and I'm keeping an eye out for a deal on a pair for the rear.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

How would these fare in light to moderate off roading? (On an otherwise stock XJ Sport)

TIA

noneofyourbusiness

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I have been happy with them. The shock allows quick response for sudden motion but stiffen up on the highway. I've even taken them for a short flight once and they landed well. The road did look flat, I just didn't see it drop about three feet on the other side of the railroad tracks. Had to go back twice. :)

Reply to
DougW