Smooth shocks for1987 E-250 ?

I bought a set of Bilstein shocks for my 1987 E-250 last year ago or so. I have hated the ride from day one. You can feel every single little bump in the road. I made the mistake of getting some sort of semi-off road shock. Anywhooooo ... I'm finally willing to fork out the duckets to correct my mistake. What would be a good quality shock for that van and give me a smooth ride? Thanks

Reply to
Forrest

I know what you mean. I bought a set of Bilsteins to replace the Edlebrock IAS shocks on my '98 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and went from way too soft to way too firm. I thought the Bilsteins would soften up after getting broken in, but such is not the case and the shocks are as stiff now as when I first installed them (about 6 months ago). So I guess I can tell you what shock NOT to consider (the Edlebrocks), because at least on my Ram, they were almost like running shocks without any oil in them, they're that "loose". I think the next shock I'm going to try is Rancho's 9000X 10-way adjustable shocks. I've had them before on a previous truck (an '88 Toyota) and they worked great.

I actually have two trucks, and to tell the truth, I think I'll be putting the Bilsteins on the other truck (a '01 Ford F-250 Superduty CrewCab 4x4) because I need the stiffer, gas-charged shocks to help with towing a heavy

5th wheel trailer.

Good luck.

Reply to
Raptornaut
000704040103090008000901 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

FWIW - ducat not ducket

/Agave Assistant Deputy Director Grammar Police, Central Branch, Southwest Divisi> I bought a set of Bilstein shocks for my 1987 E-250 last year ago or so. I

Reply to
Agave

=_NextPart_000_000D_01C5E144.00DF5830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Agave Assistant Deputy Director Grammar Police, Central Branch, Southwest = Division, Level IV

Forrest wrote:=20 I bought a set of Bilstein shocks for my 1987 E-250 last year ago or so. = I=20 have hated the ride from day one. You can feel every single little bump = in=20 the road. I made the mistake of getting some sort of semi-off road = shock.=20 Anywhooooo ... I'm finally willing to fork out the duckets to correct = my=20 mistake. What would be a good quality shock for that van and give me a=20 smooth ride? Thanks

=20

Reply to
Forrest
080102060708000800010503 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Forrest wrote:

Reply to
Agave