color matching

cool, thanks for the link. if nothing else, i now have the color codes!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Pull your door and take it into almost any paint store... They can match it and put it in a can for you. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

I know crappytire and parts quest (?) up here do sell selected colours by the gallon, mind you these are just the simple 2 part paint & hardener, although car quest just might carry the epoxy stuff too. Years ago I painted a small (16') runabout sail boat with aircraft paint.. turned out pretty good and still looks good even though it has sat uncovered since then.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

...more like a whole *bag* o' salt! LOL

Reply to
TJim

I used to work in an automotive paint store that sold Dupont Paint. We could either mix the paint with the Manufacturer code or color match it with a portable matching computer gizmo that we would just hold on to a clean part of the paint to match and the computer would come up with a formula that would be about 95% accurate. Then after the paint was mixed up in small quantities we could pump this paint in to pre-presurized and pre-thinned paint cans (different cans for acrylic or lacquer paint).

We had such a reputation in our surounding area that we would have a guy during the summer time that would be pumping paint in cans for about 5-6 hours/day. Nowadays most automotive paint stores have these can/pump setups and prices have came down alot because everyone sells them!

Nelson

89YJ

Reply to
Nelson

Nate,

Check the yellow pages for an automotive paint supply store that also mixes it's own. I bought custom rattle cans years ago just by taking my paint code in and asking for it. The cost was not really that much and color was close.

Else, check out

yes I googled for this.:-) Brian

Reply to
bulletsnbrains