dash light out in 89 YJ

One of the lights behind my speedometer is burned out. What's involved in changing it?

Thanks 1989 Wrangler

Reply to
Mark12211

I changed all the lights on mine last year.

Remove the bezel around the gauges (small one over the steering with the indicator lights first). Once removed, just remove the two screws holding the gauge in place. There are two lights in the back of the can, I found out when removing them that the light holders are very easily poped out of the can, so I added a little piece of duck tape to hold them firmly in place once the lights where changed.

I would recommend changing both lights on each of the cans (speedometer and tach) since you have all the bezel removed, I also changed the turn signal lights, the high bean indicator and 4wd indicator light since I was there!

BTW I also decided to go with LED replacement lights just to be sure I never have to change them again but beware if you use LEDs that they have a polarity and check them before inserting them in the can!

Nelson

89 YJ

Reply to
Nelson