death by liberty

There should be sensors to detect that you left a baby in the car with the engine running with the brakes not set while still in gear while you are gossiping...

Reply to
billy ray

Agreed. And to steal an idea from Brock Yates, the sensors should be wired to something that runs at least 50 Kv thru your head to get your attention.

billy ray proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I'm sure they will be Federally mandated within 10 years...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

"mabar" wrote

I agree completely. First, I NEVER leave my vehicle running, unless my husband is sitting in it. I don't want it to get stolen. If they steal the jeep with him in it then.. they'll bring it back soon enough.

Whenever our little grandson is with us, it can be a great lot of hassle to get him in and out of that car seat but SO WHAT, I can't even imagine leaving him in the car... We just haul him in and out. Or if it is a quickie stop, one of us waits in the Jeep with him. Simple as that.

People make mistakes, and sadly it ends in a tragedy sometimes but I do think that the OP in this case may be a troll. Good subject of conversation though.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Her husband or grandson?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

No, and from what I hear I shouldn't expect any either....

Reply to
billy ray

This reminds me of the following story a friend sent me:

WARNING! RISQUE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

AS A MOM PASSES HER DAUGHTER'S CLOSED BEDROOM DOOR, SHE HEARD

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

My grand-Puppy Zoë.

I heard a couple weeks ago she was going to be a Calendar Girl for next year.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

That's my plan for any car theft alarm with an audible signal.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Perhaps a sensor that shuts down the vehicle if it is being operted by an individual with an IQ less than 50.

Reply to
Richard Goodwin

Or a cell phone off hook, although for that I'd prefer to trigger all air bags.

Richard Goodwin proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

If they had that the sheriff office here would save thousands on gasoline, and the deputies would live a lot longer, having to walk and not clogging up their arteries with the high fat stuff they serve in every restaurant in town.

Saludos,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Oddly, an IQ of 50 is considered only "mildly retarded."

Billzz

Billzz proclaimed:

Or, as we used to say in the Army, "sergeant material"

Reply to
Lon