Diesel GC??

Anyone ever put a diesel motor in a Grand Cherokee? If so, what motor? How well did it work? What tranny was used? ???????

Reply to
Bmrdude

The troller carefully considers his bait. "hmm diesel engine swaps"

He casts his line . . . .

And he waits - - - - - -

Will the Bill fish bite?

The crowd waits in hushed anticipation.

Reply to
Dean

LMAO

Reply to
bllsht

You can get them here with a VM diesel.

Dave Milne

I looked into this. They sell Diesel Grand Cherokees in Europe:

I believe they will be putting the same 2.7 Liter engine in the Liberty.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Reply to
dundee

Out here away from the usa diesel Grands are common. New ones have the "CRD", old ones have a turbo diesel supposedly from Renault.

Now, diesel wranglers are what is needed. They used to provide > Anyone ever put a diesel motor in a Grand Cherokee? If so, what motor? How

Reply to
David Lyall

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Bmrdude

Dean,

What is your response supposed to mean? I'm simply asking a question. Is that not what newsgroups are for......discussion?

Reply to
Bmrdude

There are a few in this group who really hate diesels sadly.

Dave Milne

Probably NOT a 4x4: HI AND LO RANGE TRANSFERCASE, FULL WITH DANA 60 REAR END STRAIGHT TUBE AXLE FRONT END

Reply to
dick

Reply to
mic canic

bet the Liberty's diesel leaks less oil than my wagonneer ! I've been saying this all along - modern diesels on low sulphur fuel are not smelly, and far removed from the old oil burning mercedes of the 70s which were.

Dave Milne

No, unfortunately for some, news groups are for trolling. If you weren't trolling then you were doing a pretty good imitation. Netiquette say you should read a group for a while before posting. Had you googled for diesel in this group you would have found the topic beaten to death. (Then stomped on, kicked, and finally burned to ashes in a smokey cloud of diesel fumes )

My post was meant to be a humorous poke at what the regulars will recognize as an old, boring topic that for some strange reason brings on some rather long and sometimes smokey responses.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

That and, sadly, some who come here to proselytize their particular religious beliefs about fuels.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I wouldn't go so far as to call the Liberty Diesel completely modern. It still has a bit of the old can of marbles characteristic.

Somewhere [?Autoweek?] ran into a rumor that DC was building a modern turbodiesel aimed to have more power than the VW V-10 TDI unit. *That* might make a good fit for future GC or Commander.

Still, I wonder how they deal with engine braking, or more correctly the lack thereof without a Jake Brake.

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

When you shut the fuel off in a 22:1 compression engine, you can bet your a$$ that you get braking.. The "Jake Brake" was invented for trucks, where you're trying to stop 10 tons & up... not too common in a passenger vehicle. It simply is a force multiplier.

Reply to
F. Robert Falbo

not me - I'd like to have a big diesel for sure, but I'm happy for you to stick with your petrol.

Dave Milne

Yep, I knew that about you. It wasn't you I was point at, it was the strangers who pop in from nowhere to argue.