Differences between CJ years

Hi all,

I'm wondering what differences, if any, exist between 76 to 86 CJ in reference to the Factory Service Manuals? If there are, what systems would reflect those differences (electrical, mechanacial, tune up, etc).

I have an 83 CJ and may be able to buy another year at a low price but don't know what I'll be missing if I don't get my year.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

There are many differences in the CJ's, even the 76 to 86 span. To get one with the most parts the same as your 83, stay between 82 to 86. Wide axles, body panels, wiring, and options will be very close or the same.

Reply to
Onlyinajeepcj7