DJ5 Trans

What kind of auto transmission did the DJ-5's with 232 cid engine come with? Can't find the markings anywhere.

Thanks

Reply to
Don

I don't have a good, handy answer for you on the tranny, but if you're anywhere near Connecticut I've got a `76 232, complete from pully to flywheel and pan to carb, that you can have. I need to get it out of my garage and I'm loath to sent it to the scrapper.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I just rebuilt the transmission in my 1975 DJ5 and it is a Chrysler 727. The guts are exactly like any other Chrysler 727 automatic transmission, however the case is different as it has a bellhousing pattern that matches up with the AMC 232 6 cylinder engine.

Reply to
sandrail