Does it cause overheating or not???

Bill, if I was going whole hog on it like that, I would splurge and put new injectors in it. If they will fit I hear Mustang 5.0 ones work good like they do on the stock ones.

New injectors would sure eliminate any more gas wash....

Oh, our local 'rentall' places rent engine pullers. They come apart and fit in a trunk and back seat of any car and go for something like $40.00 for a half day....

The unit also will let you pull the engine and stuff it in the back of a Cherokee or something to take it in for work. I have transported one that way.

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

You know I was thinking about that Gas Wash thing and it is highly possible it came from the previous Carb setup before and after I picked it up. The reason I say this is it had a rich gas smell I just couldn't get rid of until I put the MPI kit on it. I changed out the O2 sensor and it did no good. I noticed when I was installing the MPI kit that the exhaust manifold had about 70% or so of the manifold bolts holding the exhaust manifold on it. So it could have been drawing air in confusing the O2 sensor thing it was lean and pushing more gas into it.

The smell went away after the MPI install.

The previous owner had the overhaul in 97 if I remember correctly so multiple years running like could have brought me my engine as we see it today.

Your information regarding the my block is good and I will take it into account. Especially since you are talking double the miles. That is significant, hugh in fact.

Summer's here and I'm itching to get back into the beast but I want to do it right so I'll wait a bit before I make my decision.

Thanks,

Bill

consistency

Reply to
William Oliveri

See my other post regarding the Gas Wash.

2200.00 is damn low in this area. Of course that's tow, pull, machine, replace. That's with the 4.0L head I already have machined setting on my kitchen floor.

I have:

4.0L head machined and ready to go with water jackets sealed. 4.0L Exhaust Manifold ready to go

So these things the shop don't have to worry about.

They just need to pull the short block (I already have the 4.2L head off), have it machined, etc, and put it back together.

Again, my problem is not an engine puller, it's my appt. complex I live in. My appt manager will freak (I think) if he sees me pulling an engine.

That's the big fig as they say so I'm stuck as it is.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

That makes sense, that kind of wear takes a while and it sure doesn't take too much gas to really mess up oil for lube factor. The smell too...

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you want to second check Hesco, send an email to the folks at Clifford in California.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11