Door Bushings?

Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of door hinge bushings?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
rljames

Umm, for what flavor of Jeep?

'Aftermarket'????

I doubt it, those are pretty specialized, but?.....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Don't you mean "what flavor of anything"? I have door hinges on my house, car, refrigerator, tool box...

For the Wrangler/CJ type of Jeep, you can buy replacement door hinges aftermarket. Quality ranges from abysmal to great, and sometimes is related to price. Try

For a Cherokee, for example, you can get replacement oem door hinges or you can maybe get them bushed at a local machine shop. Sometimes, you can drill out the holes and insert a bigger pin, but that is iffy.

Saludos cordiales,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

2001 Wrangler. Bushings, aka - "door pin sleeves", "inserts", "spacer washers", the part that helps the door swivel easily, Aftermarket, OEM, 3rd party, anyplace.
Reply to
rljames

Actually I was wondering the same thing on and off. On my 2002 TJ it has this softer metal insert thing in where the pin goes. When I was replacing the door one day I messed it up (bent it a bit) and the door was stiff for a while until it just mashed itself back into shape I suppose, as it works fine now.

At the time I was wondering if this was something that was replaceable or if it mattered. I have concluded with time that it did not matter enough for me, as it is OK now. Bob's question does have credence tho.

I would recommend to Bob that if he mashed it up and the door pin still goes in, to just give it a bit of time and see if it works itself out of being trouble. Mine seemed to. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes