Renault Clio 2001 door switch for interior light

Hello,

My Renault Clio has just decided to show the door open indicator and turns on the interior light whilst I am driving. It also decides to turn on the rear wiper sometimes and shows the fog lamp indicator when I break! Not good I hear you cry. My first thought was the door switch and possibly its ground connection as other things are behaving strangely, but where is the switch? I expected to see a push button on the bodywork of the car but cant see a thing. Can anyone please tell me where I can find the switch?

Many thanks in advance

Gary

Reply to
Gazza

Don't know about the Clio, but lots of cars integrate the switch into the door latch mechanism.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

In the door lock? AFAIA, many cars no longer have push buttons. Presumably it's easier to incorporate the wiring in with that for the central locking. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks Mike, do you mean in the actual clasp? Do you know if its easy to reach to check the wiring?

Thanks

Gary

Mike G wrote:

Reply to
Gazza

I would expect it to be in the door lock itself, which would mean removing the door panel to check, but thinking about it, on my BM the switch for the boot is in the catch on the body, so it might be on either part. I'm not familiar with Clio's specifically. Is there not a Renault n/g or forum where you might ask? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

My mother-out-of-law has a Clio of roughly the same age, door switch is fairly low down on the handle (not hinge) side of the doorframe, in exactly the right place to be caught by clothing when lifting bulky objects in and out of the back seat.

The switch is held in a circular hole in the bodywork by snappy plastic, such that when broken (see above) it falls backwards into the door pillar an remains in the 'on' position when the door is closed.

Hope that helps,

Kim.

Reply to
kimble