Engine Ping - '00 XJ

NGK's seem to work well also. It's just the Bosch plugs that'er junk.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

OK so now I'm 5+ mos out and I have a "P0306 Cylinder #6 Misfire" I changed all the plugs with Champion 3034's back in June. WTF? Coincidence? Have been getting good performance and good gas mileage - 22.4 mpg on a recent trip from PA to NYC. Haven't got under the hood yet.

Steve

00 XJ 98 ZJ no more 95 YJ - Sold last week, miss it already.
Reply to
Steve Landis

solved the problem. A little puzzled that the plug

Have been getting good performance and good gas mileage

Cyl 6 gets the least cooling flow in the I6 block and tends to run hot. Usually that isn't a problem. Either way, I'd pull the plug and look. I've had to run plug6 one heat range cooler in the summertime.

Reply to
DougW

solved the problem. A little puzzled that the plug

Have been getting good performance and good gas mileage

Gonna look at it tomorrow. It's a little bit of a pita with the coil on plug ignition bar. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis

Since I had it scheduled for inspection anyway, I left it to local mechanic (good guy using him for years, trust him) to look at it. While he had it for the day the Check Engine Light went out for no particular reason. He suspects the ignition coil bar. I took it home without any further intervention. Drove fine for 2 weeks and now the Check Engine Light is back on and it's running rough. Haven't gotten a code on it yet. Any experience here replacing the ignition coil bar? Cracked plug boot?....??

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis