error codes

btw, sine i disconnected a few sensors they now show up in the error log of the pcm.

Is here a way to clear those ?

thanks

Reply to
Ron Croonenberg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You can disconnect the battery for a few minutes, or you can use a Code Reader -- '96 and later models -- to reset the codes. The advantage of the code reader is that you can see if the codes really came from the shit you disconnected. Of course, you reconnected all of that stuff, right? If not, the codes will come back.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hi Jeff,

*lol*.. right.. I did the diagnostics before.. and didn't get any error codes.

Yes I did plug everything back in.

I disconnected the collant temp sensor, because (I was told at autozone) when that one is failing it might cause "that". Disconnecting it the pcm thinks that is is -40 degrees (he said) .. that's very cold...and my car likes cold starts right now.

But in short...yes I plugged everything back in.

Reply to
Ron Croonenberg

BONUS The guy at Autozone has the code reader and resetter that you need.

Not only does it read codes, but it resets them too. And, it is free to use.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I took the negative battery cable off, that took care of it. (however there is a code 12 battery disconnected ...but oh well)

The engine appears to run rough, and hesitates a bit when revved up.

that could be the sensor, however .. I couldn't get it to fail (the tdc/cps sensor).

How long does it take for the PCM to figure out how to run the engine ?

Ron

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Ron Croonenberg