exhust on TJ

has anyone here been able to repair or heard of someone who had repaired their cracked POS exhaust manifold. looking for a quick fix but believe that my options are limited to just replacing the manifold.

thanks

Reply to
Joe

I believe most people get it replaced by the stealership under the emissions warranty. The second alternative seems to be to replace it with a set of headers.

Reply to
TJim

I've heard of a few people welding it as a quick fix with varying levels of success. I think they all cracked again in the end.

I noticed Jim mentioned that 'most' people have it fixed under the emissions warranty. I don't think that's the case. I think it only applies to certain states such as California, but I could be wrong. I didn't have any luck with any such warranty when mine cracked anyway.

I managed to scrape up a helluva deal (IMO) >has anyone here been able to repair or heard of someone who had repaired

Reply to
David C. Moller

You can weld them, but its a temp fix at best.

Reply to
jbjeep

I have also found the stock manifold on EBAY with the bellows on them that prevent cracking for about $150

Kevin in Iowa

99XJ
Kevin in Iowa

Is there a typical age at which they crack ? Mine hasn't cracked yet, and it isn't the bellows type.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
David C. Moller

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I sent an email to DC customer service regarding mine and I was politely told 'Tough sh*t', but it was worth a shot.

Reply to
Harkin Banks