Famous Video Clip

Guys,

What's the story behing the famous clip you see all over the web that has the Ford (?) truck losing brakes and rolling down that GIANT needle-like rock in Tellico or wherever? I always wondered what the story was on that. I just ran across it somewhere again and thought one of you guys might know.

Thanks!

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Was it a Bronco? If so, it was on Lions Back in Moab. Post a link maybe so we can see what you are reffering to.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

This is the same hill - Lions Back in Moab Utah - But a different event. The one you are referring to I believe was a Bronco that lost it brakes on the way down.

fletcher

Heh, I'm pretty sure I know the video you're talking about- and it's got to be at least 10 years old by now!

The story I heard was that it's a location where thrill-seekers would drive to the top and slowly ride their brakes down it. That particular truck's brakes failed (duh) and the emergency cable couldn't handle it so both occupants went tumbling and bouncing down, and rolled at the bottom if I remember correctly. Neither of them were killed, fortunately. I remember seeing that on a TV show, like That's Incredible or something hehe. (It does seem to be that long ago)

coop

Reply to
cooper

Yup, Lion's Back. Husband and wife team. The hubby had gone up and down once or twice then it was wife's turn. She got up with no problems at all but when they headed back down, the brakes went out. Gotta give her props as it took a lot to keep the rig on the back and not go off a lot higher than she did. If I recall correctly, they both walked away with minor injuries.

Shamus

Reply to
Shamus in CO

Reply to