Fan Clutch

I need 2 replace my fan clucth on a 98 jeep. is it easy or is there a book that tells me how 2 replace?

Reply to
melvitajones

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Generally there are books to read for maintenance there are very helpful.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Factory Service Manual is a good buy - very well written and illustrated, about 2" thick.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

What the book won't tell you is to put a piece of cardboard between the fan blades and the radiator so you don't damage the fins.

I'm fairly lucky, a couple of the bolts that hold the fan assembly to the water pump stay put. All that has to be done is remove the four bolts that hold the clutch to the pulley, remove the two nuts that hold the fan shroud to the top of the radiator, pull the whole assembly a bit forward and scoot it left and up. (left because you have to clear the transmission cooler lines on my ZJ) Replacing the clutch is then another four bolts on the fan.

The proper way is to remove the belt first, then you don't have to worry about the pulley sliding off.

Either way it takes patience because those bolts are one bugger to reach.

Reply to
DougW

Check the autozone site for your jeep: This is a 1998 wrangler 4cyl:

Fred

Hi Doug, I put the skin of my knuckles between the fan and radiator. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@billhughes.com

transmission

Reply to