First mods to my new Rubi (text, not HTML)

Okay, let's try this again.

Having owned a TJ for 6 yrs now, I know there are some things I want to do right away, and other things I want to do even sooner than that. But, there are some things that I am not sure about.

First off, I should be picking it up on Tuesday. Do I want to take it somewhere to have it undercoated?? If so, is there a specific company (like Ziebart) in the NJ area that I would be best using?

Second, is there some type of interior coating (under the carpeting) that helps to insulate against road noise?? Not so much for me, but the wife. We drive everywhere for vacation and she has trouble sleeping with all the road noise from the MT/Rs on my Sport. So, I figured before I start running CB cables and such it might be best to do some noise damping first, if such a thing exists.

Third, alarm systems. I have one in my Sport now, even has a remote start module. I got the alarm from Crutchfield with the nice plug and play harness. But when I called Crutchfield regarding the remote starter (3 years after the initial alarm install), they had stopped carrying it because so many people had trouble installing it. So, I was forced to order one from my local stereo shop, and then left to splice away since they didn't offer the nice plug and play harness like Crutchfield used to. I guess my question is does anyone have a recommendation for an alarm with a remote start that offers a plug and play harness?. I hate cutting into the ignition wires and such if it's not absolutely necessary.

That's all for now, though I am sure there will be more real soon!

TIA,

Jay

Reply to
me