rubicon reduced

since my payoff has dropped to $25,800 i will now take $24,800 for my loaded '03 rubicon shown and described at

Nathan Collier

I have drooled so much I need a drink of water or I'll surely die of dehydration. The temptation is too much! Must... log.. off.. now..

Seriously, if I wasn't so upside down in the XJ (my TJ is ok), I'd be all over it. If I had to buy a used Rubi, it'd be from you for sure!!

Reply to
Eric

heh.......should you decide to succumb, shes here waiting for you eric. ill even meet you half way to drop her off.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

OK I missed it. Whats the deal? Why are you selling? I have been cherry picking and not reading all the threads. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Same here. Whats up with selling?

Chad

69 Mach1, 93 Notch, 00 Wrangler
Reply to
Chad

its time to build a cj8.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I love to get ahold of a CJ8 and redo it. That way I can still keep a Jeep in the driveway. I pretty much have my Wrangler sold now (I don't want to but I need to) and I'm investing in a 2004 Subaru WRX. AWD, 227 HP, turbocharged, very fun (and safe) car to drive. I did alot of homework and decided this car is more practical than a new Mustang or anything else limited to just 2wd. However, I can't be "Jeepless" so it's got me to thinking. M715, old CJ, or wait around to see if Jeep will actually build something similar to the Brute (which I would buy). I've already told myself that as soon as I get into a career, and settled into a new place around the Raleigh RTP area, get the Subi paid off, I want another Jeep. Question is, what?

Post some pics of your CJ8 sometimes. Can't wait to see and hear all about it.

Chad

69 Mach1, 93 Notch, 00 Wrangler
Reply to
Chad

will do. ive already found the one i want, i just gotta sell the rubi first.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

The Mitsubishi Evo is a good choice if thats what yo uare looking for. Im not sure I like the WRX KH

turbocharged,

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Now your talking! Good for you. I cant wait to see the build up. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

it all depends on how fast i can sell the rubicon. theres also a 63 willys cj5 that has my eye. its unbelieveable.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I'm not sure I can trust Mitsubishi's reliability. Subaru builds AWD's. That's all they do. Everyone I've talked to with one says they love their cars, and never regretted buying them. Mitsu on the other hand......

Chad

69 Mach1, 93 Notch, 00 Wrangler
Reply to
Chad

I love both my Subaru's. Absolutely love them.

Reply to
Joe

I fell in love with the 04 WRX's also. Just as fast as my Mustang, twice the gas mileage and AWD. I'm glad they decided to give it a face lift for 2004. Not sure how much I could stomach that bug eye look they started out with. Maybe with the money I save in gas, I can finally get my Mach1 on the road. :)

Chad

69 Mach1, 93 Notch, 00 Wrangler
Reply to
Chad

Well, I havent owned either of them so I am guessing their opinion is better than mine :) KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I'll be returning to the jeep world soon too if a few new job offers pan out. (or rather the desired salary lol) - but thumbs up on the wrx choice. i have a

2002 wrx, with a few mods ;) enjoy it. I'm not a fan of the redesigned headlights however... but that just makes me feel closer to "home" as thats a similar friendly fued in the jeeping world :)

-Steve 98 TJ

Reply to
Goat Crapp

the EVO is up there with the wrx STI in price..

i dont know about 2004 prices, but my 2002 - virtually identical except some minor cladding redesigns - was had for 20,800 out the door with just about every "option" (not too many option packages lol)

i haven't seen an EVO for less than 28, and usually theyre walking out the door for close to 30, at least in my area.

i've ridden in it, i personally prefer the sti's ride... evo feels a little too jittery, the sti much more surefooted.. both a lot less comfy than the standard wrx, albeit slightly more capable.

-Steve 98 TJ

Reply to
Goat Crapp

My friend who works for bilstien says that the EVO is easier to set up than the WRX. I guess he says it handles better? KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

well depends on whether easier = handling :)

obviously once you go aftermarket - ie bilstein ;) all bets are off. but i have heard the same, that out of the box the evo's are easier to throw around a track, but the sti is more forgiving. the plain wrx isnt even in the same class as either. evo is definitely more boy-racer than the sti IMO. (although they both are lol) however the sti has a really nice awd system, adjustable front/rear drive bias, 3 lsd diffs, all independantly controlled... etc. the wrx (regular version) really isnt up to stuff to either.. but compared to eachother - it really comes down to small preferences, splitting hairs really because either will get you around a course within hundredths of eachother ;)

re: the reliability issues - the evo is using possibly the best modern 4cyl block available - the "DSM" 4g63t block - which is dead reliable and easiyl accomodates a ton of power on stock internals. (the downside has always been everything else connected TO this engine lol)

the factory "altezza" lights and skittish feel (felt very much like my rx7 with

500/550lb springs ie: no give) make it a non option for me... and the sti is close enough where if i do want to "upgrade" i'll have a choice in the higher powered, better handling awd market.. (audi also has some nice, if less sporty entrants into this field) but for now the plain ol wrx is plenty for me for all-around goodness. speed is what i have the rx7 for, rugged and go anywhere is what my next jeep will be for. :)

-Steve 98 TJ

Reply to
Goat Crapp

I think the latest EVO now comes with Bilsteins all round - in fact that's one of the biggest changes.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne