Fluid Specs

OK, don't everyone roll their eyes at once, because I know you've seen this question a m/zillion times already, but I'm going to do some fluid changes on my '03 Rubicon this weekend, so can anyone tell me the recommended fluids (type & grade) for the following: -transfer case -manual transmission -front and rear differentials (modifier required?) -engine -cupholders

Just kidding on the last two. I always use Corona in the engine and Mobil 1 when I'm thirsty.

- Charles D

Reply to
cd

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks, Bill thats twice in two days you've helped me out big time. Appreciate that

- Charles

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
cd

Quick note, Charles...the "Mopar manual transmission lubricant" is not standard gear oil. Pennzoil "Syncromesh Transmission Fluid" meet the spec for the New Venture Gear manual trannies.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt- thanks for the heads-up. I caught that when I figured out which transmission I had. I went to the dealer and paid their price (13.00 dollars!) a quart for it. I hope the Pennzoil is cheaper next time.

- Charles

Reply to
cd