Foglight/high beam bypass

Hey all. Has anyone figured out how to bypass the foglight shutoff when you turn the high beams on? This is on an '04 Rubicon. I did it on my '98 Sport, but all kinds of things are different on this one.

Thanks,

Jay

Reply to
Jay

L.W.(ßill)

Maybe this will help? I did it on my '03 Sahara and it should work for the '04 versions too.

Jay wrote:

Reply to
Tim Hayes

Pardon my ignorance, but I am wondering what the point is. Why in the heck is it so popular to modify the circuit so that you can run high beams and fog lamps simultaneously? Do you not have fog where you live?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Hey Jerry. I can't speak for anyone else, but here in Jersey we don't have fog, but we have deer. And lots of them. Having the fog lights on with the high beams illuminates the woods on the side of real dark roads much better than the low beams and fog lights, or the high beams alone. This helps you to spot eyes looking out from the woods. On my '98 TJ it made a world of difference.

Jay

Jerry Newt> Pardon my ignorance, but I am wondering what the point is. Why in the heck

Reply to
me

On 06 Jan 2004 03:39 PM, Jerry Newton posted the following:

I removed the factory foglights and installed a pair of driving lights using the factory wiring. The wiring mod involved changing a connector from one lug on the relay to another in the relay box. With the driving beam switch closed, this allows the driving beams to automatically light when the high beams are selected, and automatically turn off when low beams are selected.

The driving beams light up more of the road, and farther out. Since there are frequently moose walking around on the roads here, every little bit of additional light helps. If there is fog, I need to slow down anyway.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

I will second that!

Up here in Canada we have the same issues. I want my 'fog' or driving lights biassed towards the ditches on rural roads for sure.

I had to almost ditch it 3 times in the last 6 days because of white tail deer jumping in my way. One I tagged in the ditch so I was almost stopped before the fool decided to jump up on the road right square in front of me. It was glass ice and very difficult to come to a stop on. Couldn't walk on it.

Mike

me wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If you have high beams with a good top cutoff pattern, they are actually useful in fog, particularly in combination with low attenuation high polarization glasses...you can see further with the high beams than you can with a low beam *IF* they have a good top cut. This can be kinda useful in seeing the road in west coast or imperial valley tule fog, particularly so in the daytime where the sun tends to scatter and overwhelm a low beam for spotting road beads, etc.

However, the high beam doesn't do that good in lighting up right in front of you... a fog light works better and can be aimed a bit downward from normal to do even better yet if you hack it so it comes on any time you want.

I use this in the really scary tule fogs that love to set just east of I-5 in the inner california valley all the way to the sierra foothills, where you may not see sunlight for days.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11