For Every One with a R-12 AC unit in their vehicle

Heh... "at night" and "over water" are two phrases that I will never put together when filing a flight plan. ;)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Kennedy? Yeah, me too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

That's a good attitude to have. I found leaning to fly in the Navy to involve a LOT too much IFR, and that probably ruined me on it forever :) We even flew helos IFR, and THAT'S pretty hair-raising. It just always seemed to me like we had a lot of bad VFR map/landmark pilots after so much IFR time. I know I always had to bone up extra on the maps and GET MY HEAD OUTSIDE!! :) Good luck and have fun with it.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
Will Honea

One very hazy marginal condition (but still legally VFR) hurry-up flight to return a rented Piper from Palm Springs over the mountains to San Diego was like that for me late one afternoon. Maybe a touch of spatial disorientation compounded by tremendous glare from the sun through the haze... not one of my more fun flights that ended well only by really concentrating on the instruments and the basics.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

What's the problem, no railroads?

Jerry Bransford proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

..or in pilot terms, a low laying bank of cumulogranitus.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Our controller, thou art in tower minimum delay be thy name. Thy vector be done, as will be done, on the airway as it is on paper. Give us this day, our daily delay, and forgive us our altitude variations, as we forgive those who delay vector us, and lead us not into the mountains, but deliver us from the granite, Amen.

From Ron Machado's Instrument Pilot's Survival Manual. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford